Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CLEANING UP A 14BOLT FF

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Jun 9, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Ok well after about 2½ hours of wire bushings(really helped ALOT) with a drill, It started looking pretty good put its "pited"(little holes in it)What do yall do about that? I though about bondo but I think that will come out when you drag it across somthing. Now Im thinking about marine tex or expoxy puddy I dident really want to FILL in theaxle with stuff but i really want it to look nice any ideas? BTW its just on the tubes espically where the u-bolts go. Also if you pull the drums can you put it all back to geather and drive the truck(not more then 150ft or so) I think it would be alot easer to perp for paint with them off and theres plans for disk brakes soon but not till its under the truck BTW will lots of primer and sanding help with the dimples?

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Spot weld the pin hole's, then grind em off. repeat as needed, to get to desired texture. Add all nessesary, bracket's, spring pad's, shock bracket's, etc, then paint. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif they arnt THAT bad and its already got the spring perches and shock mounts There not really pin holes more like 1/4in or so holes and not very deep

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status