Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clear lenses???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Flyinhi86, May 17, 2001.

1. Flyinhi86

Flyinhi86 Registered Member

Does anyone know where to get clear lenses for side markers and tailights for an 86' blazer.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Did you try LMC or the paddock!

[​IMG]<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

3. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

I'm sorry to say but Clear Lenses only look good on newer cars, Chevy Trucks are meant to look Tough... Those Clears look GAY on them. But if you insist, i will keep my eyes peeled for them.

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

they can be found at www.ricercrap.com.cmon clear lenses on a k5!?while shopping dont forget the grapefruit shooter tailpipe.

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer see it at:<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569>http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569</A>

5. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

Got that right! No offense , but those are about the most butt ugly things Ive seen, Yuck!.

Don't let us discourge you though only YOU canmake YOU happy.

6. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I was looking in jegs and they have some clear lights for mid 80's c/k chevy trucks the part # is 034-40.4017.TL $122.99. I like em...
    Brent

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I hate those damn things..It's hard to tell when they are on during the day.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Man you guy's are mean and no markup's either you should all be ashamed and appologize.(man my buzz is kickin' in and I can't spell) Now quit pickin' on the gay guy j/k and whats with the gay thing sara , you a homophobe, all this over clear plastic or yellow plastic, if he gets clear it will turn yellow eventually anyhow, hey isn't yellow a more gay color anyhow,,, LMAO [​IMG]

[​IMG]<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

9. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Haha maybe we should all go to the pirate board and get alittle toughned up, lol !

- SlyDog [​IMG]

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

We could send aaarrrrgg to the J@@p board to get kicked off again[​IMG]

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Sara is right though...we both live in the same area and every rice rocket has them (this town is crawling with thousands!). If you want some of those that's what they would be for IMHO. They are might I add illegal here (CA) so I love the fact these guys spent bucks to put them in and will spend more bucks on a ticket. If you get in a wreck with them you can also be faulted if you have illegal tail lights keep that in mind. As I was told anything not red is illegal here in my state. Might check your laws....by the way, if you do find them expect to pay $$$ for them, they don't come cheap.

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

12. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i saw them on a red and black blazer and they actually look preaty cool

[​IMG]

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

would that be your s fatboy

14. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

nah this dude that lives down by my friends, i'll try to get a picture of it, it's got a 89-91 grill, cowl induction hood..and shuff like that..

[​IMG]

15. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Fatboy is right. 89-91 style grills had the clear front turn signal with the crome back lenses to reflect the light bulb. If you look on most of the new and recent made cars, that is what the lenses look like. I guess it goes to show you that the GM people were ahead of their time so they let everybody else catch up.

16. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

no no no... please don't go that route Fly'n...Next thing you'll have jap writing up the side, 13" wheels that stick out 5" beyond the fender, the bumpers will kiss the ground, and you'll have a huge spoiler riveted to the tailgate or topper [​IMG]. I personally love the taillights... they look mean as heck... I do like blackouts on the headlights till it goes offroading at night... so I guess to each their own.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

17. Hathaway

Hathaway 1/2 ton status

Clears are illegal in most states. If you want a bit sleeker look, pick up some black outs. I think LMC had some in there, the kind with the slanted lines through em so you could still see the light itself a bit easier than full black outs.

I personally plan to get rid of my tail lights. Gonna get some of those weld in patch pannels from LMC eventually. My taillights/backups/turn signals will be incorporated into the big arse bumper I'm gonna build as my project at Welding Tech school [​IMG] I'm thinkin KC's for the back up lights. It'll be fun at stop lights to drop it in reverse and blind the ricer boys behind me.

Dan, '86 K5, 5.0L v8, NP208, TH700R4, open 10bolts front and rear, 3.43gearing, K&N filter, 31x10.50R15 Trailhandlers

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Dang, I was just thinking how nice it was that Good old Chevy trucks hadn't been hit with the clear tailights...

Ratch
    **Hmmm. Land or Mall? Land or Mall? Let's see. Lotsa SUV's around here... Let's build a mall.**

19. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

Yall are all wrong I have them and they look great i payed 59.99 And put red bulbs in the parking lights and corners they look mean look like snake eyes and the best part is i haven't got a ticket yet i got mine from a local custom shop mine are on my 86

20. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Yup... and I hear they add 5 horses to your rig... each!!

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.savage1.coloradok5.com>http://www.savage1.coloradok5.com</A>