Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clear Tail Lights for 2nd Gen??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jeremy_C, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Have any of ya'll seen clear tail lights for chevy's 73-85?? I saw them on ebay, and i've not made up my mind wether or not i like them. They look kinda cool, but they are going for about 150.00 Do any of you all have them on your rig? If so what do they look like? Is it worth 150.00? /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Nothing says "I wanted a Honda but got this instead" like clear taillights on a fullsized American truck. Please, in the name of all things sacred, don't do it... that being said, it's your truck, and your $150, so go for it if that's what you wanna do. But if I ever see your truck I'm gonna laugh at them /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif.</font color>

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Keep them on the ricers.....

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Full clear tail lights are ILLEGAL!!!!
    there has to be visible spots of red. the clear lenses are no longer being made. in fact APC is in court with the D.O.T. on this issue.

I could see wanting them on a pavement pounder, but if you plan to off road at all.. stay stock, cheaper to break them,LOL.

5. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

I agree with Shaggy, my friend wanted to get them on his 82 K5. I told him no and he listened /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Too ricey imo. and I see them all the time on new suburbs abd tahoes looks bad imo.

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I think those Clear "Euro" style tail lights are<font color="red"> Butt Ugly ! </font color>

7. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

LOL, thanks fellers. Thats all I needed to hear. I dont want people to be laughin at my truck. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i thouht they were kinda cool to..but then i turned around and looked at my truck and i thought to myself "now why in the h*ll would i wanna do that" /forums/images/icons/confused.gif LOL /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Bryan

9. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

can someone post a pic of them I would like to see how they look on that style truck

10. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

cut a square of notebook paper out and stick it over them and step back.... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

11. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Here's one style of them - [​IMG]

Here's some even uglier ones - [​IMG] </font color>

12. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

I've not seen the 2nd type of lights before, but the first type you have listed is the type i was talking about. I saw them on EBAY. The more i think about it, the more i dont think i would like how that looks.

N-E ways, gettin the Exhaust put on monday, goin to put 3inch pipes with turbo mufflers on it i think thats what i want, gonna consult with my muffler experts on that one /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

13. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I've got the poor man decor package on the C15 shortbox, all the stickers that came with my performance parts when I built the motor. I still get a kick out of it because people (usually kids) think I'm bluffing. Not so funny when they've 5,000 pounds of 20 year old iron all of the suddenly getting real big in the rear view mirror. I had it up to 105 the other week (gotta be careful, I let off).

Are you going dual 3"? WAY to big. A stock to mid performance can use 2 1/4", 2 1/2" for 325+hp. 3" single pipe would be real good though.

14. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

I think they would look good on a lowered choped tubed 2 wheel drive scrapping the ground racing truck. But not on a lifted 4X4. Just my opinion.
    Ike