Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clearance Light socket

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k20, Jun 4, 2005.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Hey all, Im lookin for the light bulb socket for the factory style clearance lights. Anyone have a clue where to find them? LMC and chevy duty dont have em. Does anyone have one they can look at and see if they have a part number on them, that I could search for? Im wanting to add em to my truck, and have the wiring harness, lenses, mounting pads, just no sockets. Thanks for any help. Chris.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

What years??

They might have listings in a Grote catolog,or Dietz...depending on what year/style your looking for...

try www.grote.com :crazy:

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Im lookin for the ones for the factory 73-87 style. The ones that look like this.
    [​IMG]
    Like I said, I got lenses, pads, wiring harness, just no dang sockets.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

if it takes the 194 bulb then go to napa and or carquest. thay have them for less than 5 bucks. or best place junk yards.:D if you cant find them pm me i will get them for ya.:cool1:

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yep, found out they use the 194 bulb, exactly the info I needed, found the sockets at advance. Thanks sweetk30.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I have a set of those...

My brother gave me a set of cab marker lights that look the same as those!-they came off an Isuzu box truck they had where he worked they were scrapping!--I have all the harness and lenses,etc--but I havent been brave enough to try to install them--

I noticed the factory installed ones actually use a different roof "skin",with a moulded shape pressed into the roof that matches the outline of the lights..not that its a big deal,I'm just hesitant to drill more holes in the roof on my 82 K20--its already rusty behind the visors,and it was some rot and lots of bondo on the roof where the lights need to mount,thanks to a tree branch hitting the cab before I got it..I'm doubtful the screws will tighten good in an inch of bondo!--nor will it "ground" good either! :blush:dont want any leaks either----might just sell them instead--my 79 C10 has NO rot or roof damage,hate to drill any holes in that truck even more!..but I do like the looks of a truck with cab marker lights.. :cool1:

7. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yeh I got no rot, kinda have this eek feeling about drillin holes, but they just look so dang cool, gotta have em lol. My roof does have 2 other holes in it from where it used to be a volunteer fire truck and had a roof light bar, Ill get them welded up when I go to the bodyshop for paint, hopefully here in the next 3-5 weeks, depending on how many hrs I get at work. :grin: