Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

clearing 35's w/ no lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rix_Gotta_Blazer, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Rix_Gotta_Blazer

Rix_Gotta_Blazer 1/2 ton status

clearing 35\'s w/ no lift

ive gotta stepside which has bad rust. i plan to hack the fenders as much as possible in the front, and completley remove the bed. this will be a fully funtional trail rig. anyone see problems with clearing 35's? thanks, Rick /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. Langosta39

Langosta39 1/2 ton status

Re: clearing 35\'s w/ no lift

You will probably have to move your inner fender liners up front to make that happen unless you extend your bumpstops. I put 35x14.5s on a 2.5" lift and was able to get by without doing either of those, but under hard stuff I get some rubbing on the liner. In the rear you will probably to a-ok with a little trimming. I would stay with something liek 35x12.5s, if you go wider you will be hitting your steering components with stock backspaced wheels, and if you go with more backspacing you will have your tires in your fenders and you will have to trim A LOT to get rid of that.

andy

3. Rix_Gotta_Blazer

Rix_Gotta_Blazer 1/2 ton status

i will not be having problems with fenders, i think. the rust is so bad on the front fenders, i can cut them as far as i want. eventually, the front fenders will probably rot themselves off. its bad up front. as for the rear, the step side bed is completley removed. all i gotta do is add some mud flaps and brake lights.

4. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My blazer has 35s with no lift and doesn't rub anywhere you just have to be real aggresive Or as it sounds just do what I did cut the rust out made my truck look a whole lot better. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

35x12.50s and no lift check out the pictures below or do a search this has been coverd many times before

6. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

On my old 84 3/4 I had 35x16x16.5 boggers on 12" rims, mother nature lift, and the tires hit the cab I think, think the inner fenders were completely rusted out in that area, and the cab mounts were gone, so when I turned hard the lugs hit the cab and you started bouncing around, quite the ride...didn't hit anything suspension or steering or anything, just the body.....I only paid $300 for it, and I beat the [censored] out of it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif