Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Click here MUST READ (long)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by balzackks84, Jan 23, 2003.

1. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The American taxpayers have spent over $2.5 TRILLION trying to upgrade Blacks since the l960's.

Buckley, William F. syndicated column, Jan. 5. 1993
    secksinamja: The District of Columbia, which is approximately 70% Black, leads the U.S. in many areas:
    The nations highest crime rates
    Strictest gun control
    Highest incarceration rates
    Highest birthrate
    Highest death rate
    Highest rate of federal assistance per capita
    Highest number of welfare recipients per capita
    Highest rate of illegitimacy
    Highest high school dropout rate even though its teachers are the highest paid in the U.S.
    Highest rate of ghonnorrhea and syphilis
    Highest incidence of AIDS (33) (32)

In l950, American schools were among the best in the world. However, vocal elements within our society demanded that the public schools take on a social engineering role as well as an educational one. Violent disruptions of American education were ordered by the Supreme Court for the purpose of breaking down racial barriers. For 30 years, American schools have diverted enormous resources into forced integration, quotas, and bussing operations. (Few people realize how expensive bussing is. Annual cost may run into tens of billions of dollars. In l990 California alone was spending $500 million per year on integration. Many school districts spend a quarter or more of their budgets on transportation. In Milwaukee alone and in a single school year, 30,000 staff hours were diverted into calculating the race of students to attend the various schools.) The results? Today's students rank at the very bottom worldwide in science and math, some 40% of American adults are functionally illiterate, and standardized test scores have declined steadily for both Whites and Blacks. Today the average White still scores 200 points higher on the combined SAT than the average Black. Americans spend more on education than any other country in the world and have the worst results. Massive White flight to escape racial zoning has reduced the tax base of every major American city. In l983, after nearly two generations of racial experimentation to promote equality, the research arm of the Dept. of Education could not produce a single study that showed Black children were learning appreciably better after desegregation. (25) (20) (32)

Iceland, the only all-White nation in the world, has the world's highest literacy rate. 100%. It is an island of cooled volcanic magma, located Just south of the Arctic Circle. It has no coal, no fuel, no timber, no mineral wealth or natural resources, and no navigable rivers. 75% of the interior is uninhabitable and only about 1% of the land is arable. It is the youngest nation in Europe and one of the most isolated countries in the world. Nonetheless, Iceland is #2 in the world in life expectancy and has one of the world's highest standards of living, in terms of per capita income. It has tremendous medical facilities and a thriving publishing business. Virtually every family has a telephone. Upon graduation from high school, each Icelandic student has learned five languages. (33)

and another thing that was in this article is that blacks get 300 points just for being black when they take the SAT.

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I think the problem is more involved than just racial integration. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. balzackks84

I know. But its just the facts that are posted about dc that really gets me. All of those stats can be found in the almanac. That stuff is horrible.

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Oh, I wouldnt argue the facts at all, but to say that its due to one thing I think that is incorrect. There's lots of things involved like politacal atmosphere or economy of the area or who knows. I think the stats are horrible, but the article was obviosly writton by a person with biased feelings. We do need to improve the schools and blaming the problem on a minority group may not help very much.

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Replace the word Black with "low income" and I bet the stats don't change...

I think whoever wrote that is a racist looking for a following.

Rene

6. balzackks84

I agree with both of you. I just don't understand why we can't set aside money for schools. Here in Portland i drove around today to see 2 different MAX train rails being built in two different areas. Now i know they are usefull but that is some serious doe. Now why can't they just set that aside for schools and not start all those new, spiffy, projects. People complain about how we need to reform our schools but they aren't ready to make the sacrafice. One thing that did bother me about the race issue was the fact that they get bonus points for their race. To me that is a steaming pile of BS. You know if they did that to lower income, less privalidged white kids the NAACP would be all over it. But i can't complain since my SAT scores weren't mine, they just kinda showed up on my transcript. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I just don't understand why we can't set aside money for schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Last time I checked, it was the parents' responsibility for their children. If they want them grow up to be idiots, more power to them.

8. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I think whoever wrote that is a racist looking for a following.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree. I am not sure that this is the place to promote such ideas. I am sure that you posted this with the best of intentions, but read it again and look at it from another view. Just a thought.

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

For 30 years, American schools have diverted enormous resources into forced integration, quotas, and bussing operations.

[/ QUOTE ]
    This seems like an opinion masquerading as a fact. Unless I was in space through my school days, integration was easier and took less resources than segregation would have...
    I agree, there seems to be masked racism in that...

My opinion may have been colored (no pun intended) when I read it, though, I read all these replies before reading the whole original post...

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lots of cultural forces are at work here, and as stated, throwing money at the problem isnt the answer. IMO, americans whos ancestors lived in africa are just like any other american... if they make education and hard work the cornerstone of their lives they will integrate flawlessly into the quasi-capitalist system we have and be successful... if they don't, they will continue to have problems. This is the case for pretty much any person in the US. imo, "black leaders" should spend more time preaching education/work ethic and a lot less time, if any, trying to blame every black persons problem on a white guy somewhere.

afa racially pure nations being "all that"... if I remember right we kicked the snot out of 2 racially pure countrys in WWII... at the same time.

j

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

2 racially pure countrys in WWII... at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Wouldn't Italia be considered the third, oh wait, they wanted to be on the winning side so once the Fatherland started getting their butts whupped, they switched sides. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I dont know... while I have long been a student of military history and WWII in particular, I must admit I havent read much about the Mussolini (sp?) regime. Dont even know if they billed themselves as racialy superior or not.

In any case, they really were a wanna-be player in WWII. They were small time. It took Italy YEARS to "defeat" ethopia before the war (even though they had tanks, planes, and all kinds of modern weapons and ethopia had jack)... and their only other big offensive was in yugoslavia. That attack went so badly, that before the german air force + SS were sent in the yugos had actually thrown the italians back to the point to where they were poised to attack italy proper. yikes. Lets face it, italy hasnt been much on the battlefield since Germanicus. lol,

j

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Where did you find that, the KKK website? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I know that you are a racist since you've said so in earlier posts, and this article was clearly written by another racist. It's just minutia thrown together to try to sway weak minded individuals into thinking that blacks and integration are the cause of the poor level of education in the US. It also makes not-so-subtle hints that whites are more intelligent than blacks based solely on the basis of race. I agree that the US has problems with the education system, but race is not the issue, funding and accountability is the issue. </font color>

14. balzackks84

It was givin to me by an Asian friend who runs an Asian forum called project beta. One of the guys that posts there (also Asian) Posted this on his forum. WHEW! When he gave it to me he was laughing about how some of this was true. And for the record I do not believe what this guy is saying. I just thought that the statistics that were stated about DC are disgusting. It doesn't bother me that schools are intigrated, and if they weren't I would not have some of the friends that I do.