Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CLick in frontend and noise with hub engaged

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FL84K5, Aug 14, 2002.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

When I'm slowing down at a stop light, at around 10-25 mph I get a click in th front end. Sometimes it is on the drivers side, sometimes the passenger side. I just had the whell bearing tightened and it made the noise before I had them tightened too. Also, I locked by hubs in today in case I needed four wheel drive in the field I was in. With the hubs locked, I get a really bad clunking noise, like somethings binding up front. Never had that happen before with the hubs locked. Any ideas what could be causing these problems? Thanks

2. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

It's just a guess, but make sure your hubs were assembled properly after the wheel bearing tightening. Mine did that after I did the same thing on both wheels at the same time (didn't have a complete hub as a reference). I found out that I had installed one of the inner 'gear rings' backwards. This may not be your issue, but it might be worth a look.

Jon