Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Click it or ticket.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, May 27, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[*]Click it or ticket<ul type="square">1. Glad to see it [/list] <ul type="square">2. Hate the idea [/list] <ul type="square">3. I only wear a seatbelt when I'm necked [/list]

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Forgot how to do the poll thing.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Ahh thats OK I can't work the poll thing either... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I say it's your own buisness, like helmet laws, but you have to remember ,it's a privilage to drive not a right, and I also know from first hand experience ,it fakin hurts to hit the windshield with your face...I always buckle up now and always make sure my kids are too.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I feel that it is a personal choice.

However, in this social state we are living in, I have a vested interest in asking others to wear thier seatbelt.

If the USA was not a social state, I would encoruage others to do as they will. Thinning of the herd.

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I wear one all the time, except if we're driving a few feet. If I were caught with out one it would be a $95 fine! (Canadian dollars) So I always keep it clicked in place /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

1. I like it hopefully it will save someone who wouldn't ordinarily wear it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Having stayed in a car seat while my mother flew into the window ( and has had false teeth since I was 3 thanks to safety glass ) I believe in seatbelt wearing. No one in my truck rides without one on. Freedom to some is meaningless if you don't survive an accident to savor it. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I wear it, although I think it should be your choice to do so or not.

Even so I always wear mine. I feel bad about putting the shoulder strap behind me when off road so I can stick my head out the window......but I ALWAYS wear it.

9. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I'm glad to see the law in that I hope it will save the lives of those that normally wouldn't wear it.

I know there are those out there that claim not wearing a seat belt saved their lives.
    However those cases seem to be few and far between, it is far more common to be saved by wearing it rather than not wearing it.
    But after my accident I know I wouldn't have survived without it.
    And like others have said, my vehicles don't move unless everyone in the vehicle has a seatbelt on. (father-in-law hates that)

10. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Hahaha, our town has elected for the past 2 years not to participate. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Our chief said he didn't want to appear like the Gestapo. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    2. Hate the idea

[/ QUOTE ]
    Nothing else has saved more lives in auto accidents than seat belts. Why in the world would someone hate that.

12. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

One could hate the idea of be8ing forced to do something.

Motorcyclists in TX can opt not to wear a helmet if they can document they have sufficient insurance. It's along of the lines saying if you crack your head, you won't be a burden to the state.
    Why can't seatbelts be the same? If you don't want to wear one, why should I be able to make you?
    [/libertarian]

13. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifF!%*#!G SAFETY NAZI'S!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

You don't put all 15 of your kids in belts Tom...? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifI met those lil rascles and they needed to be detained... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifLike I stated above...Driving is not a right , but a privalige... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

15. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I think the idea is stupid, so you will find me not wearing mine on the street, but when im off road im very paranoid about wearing em.

16. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I choose #1... Why would anyone want to have to learn the hard way that seat belts save lives? Sucks that some people (even on here) have to be injured, see someone injured, or even know someone who was killed because they didn't take 2 seconds to buckle up...

I dunno... I don't even think about it anymore, I get in, and usually put my seat belt on before I even start the vehicle... Not to mention the fact I feel naked and insecure without it... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

17. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

Have no problem with children be ordered to wear them since they can have stupid parents and hopefully the law will allow them to get enough intellegence to make their decision. But for adults do not care. IF they are in my truck they are wearing seatbelts, just because I do not want them flying into me in case of an accident.

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

What are seatbelt laws? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

19. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I wear mine although I dont think it it will help me if I get in a wreck. I dont think the sholder strap will lock. Does anyone know where I could get some new belts? I went to a dealership and they told me to get one out of a junkyard. I dont think I want to use belts that have been in a wreck.

Nick

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

LMC?????????????