Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clicking Coming out of my 700r4 help quick

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AmericanFreak, Jan 20, 2002.

1. AmericanFreak

AmericanFreak Registered Member

Just got my 700r4 rebuilt on my 1986 chevy blazer but now there is a clicking noise coming from inside it. It sounds like an exhaust leak but its not. It only does it at idle in overdrive drive and park, but does in in all gears when im giving it gas. Did anyone ever have this problem, and knows of a quick fix? Im going to take it back to the trans shop if it wont go away.

86 Blazer Building it up has 35s right now add a leafs and blocks and fender trimmin

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Unfortuneately that's a new one to me. I also have not seen anyone post or comment about that particular problem on this board (that I know of). If/when you do find out what is causing that problem, please let us know as we may be able to help others out in the future (which is one of the main purposes of this board). Good luck, I hope it's something minor.

See my rig at <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot> click here </a>

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I had a an auto tranny make a clicking sound under acceleration. It turned out to be a bad vane in the Torque convertor. Replaced the torque convertor and it went away
    A cracked flex plate will also mack a clicking noise.
    The torque convertor/flexplate bolts may also not be tight.
    You defenatly need to go back to the people who rebuilt the trans and have them check it out. Dont wait for the problem to go away. Have it fixed while it still under warentee

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze> Blazer pics</a>

<font color=blue>Nevada... Where the pavement ends and the west begins

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

My converter has gone out and it makes that noise in Reverse or under a moderate load in forward gears. Check Flexplate for cracks and if it's not that, it should be the torque converter.

Red 1989 GMC Suburban SLE V1500 - TBI 350, 700R4 w/ shift kit, Quad-shock front, 31/10.50/15 Pro Comp MT, 4.10 gears, Duals off cat

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

On the newer 700's, they used a modified valve in the pump assembly. New one has flats milled in it, if they don't use a new design, you can get a "buzzing" noise, although from what I understand, its at idle. Friends '88 700 did that, replacing the valve cured the problem. FWIW

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

6. AmericanFreak

AmericanFreak Registered Member

Thanks guys for the info im taking it to the shop tommorrow so they can hear it and im leaving it there incase they have to pull it out, but when i do find the problem out ill defenitaly post what was wrong with it

86 Blazer Building it up has 35s right now add a leafs and blocks and fender trimmin

7. chevycanada

chevycanada Registered Member

hey i have the exact same problem as you. i just bought a rebuilt 700r4 and now i have a clicking coming from mine. if you could let me know what you found out it would be greatly appreciated, and could help me out.
    thanks

8. DesertHare

DesertHare Newbie

What did you ever find out about the clicking in this 700r4? I have a rebuilt transmission in an 88 Blazer doing the same thing after about 200 miles.

9. Kjunky5

Kjunky5 1/2 ton status

Wow back from the dead.:zombie18:

Mine did that but it was the flexplate hitting the inspection cover.

10. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

i highly doubt he's going to answer back, his last activity on here was back in November of 2004... :D

11. 496truck

496truck 1/2 ton status

Hey, he owes us a reply from 8 years ago! WTF!

Seriously, I'm willing to guess a cracked flexplate.

12. jdbuckshot

jdbuckshot Registered Member

i just had my 700R4 rebuild last week, and it has the "exhaust leak" sound in OD, it is quite as a mouse when its at idle.

going to take it in next week and i will report back.