Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clicking in front end

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FL84K5, May 21, 2003.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

When I'm turning sharply at slow speeds I'm getting a clicking kinda sound coming from the driver side front wheels area. It's a consistent noise, only when turning slow. It does it with the hub locked or unlocked, in 2 or 4 wheel drive. What should I be looking for here?

2. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

I just notices that mine does the same thing. Don't have any help for ya, but will be interested to hear.

3. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

ill take a stab and say its the cv joints possibly. my old car had that problem. since im new to blazers, lets see what others have to say!

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Ball joints, drag link ends, tie rod ends. Probably not a u joint since it does it with the hubs unlocked.

John

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Did someone put a playing card in your spokes? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font>

[ QUOTE ]
    ill take a stab and say its the cv joints possibly. my old car had that problem. since im new to blazers, lets see what others have to say!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> CVs are for IFS junk only, Blazers and other solid axle vehicles do not have them, at least not in the axles. </font>

6. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

I just had a problem kinda like this on our flatbed F350 2WD. It was clicking all the time though. Sounded like a rock stuck in the tread. Turned out to the the wheel bearing.

7. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

thanks shaggy. i am new to this, so i take any info i can and store it. lol

8. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Jason, this will sound stupid, but I dont remember, do you still have the wheel trim on your rims?

IF you do, pull them off and drive it. Might be a loose clip or a pebble in the ring. Ive seen that one whoop many a tech. It would piss them off when I would walk over, pull the wheel cover off, drop out a pebble and tell them to try it out again. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I only knew from way back I seen it happen at a shop and knew to look. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I took the trim rings off a loooong time ago. The funny thing is, it didn't click any today when I drove it. I'm about to pick my sister up from church, so I'll see if it does it then. I'm gonna wear the tires out quick, I like driving the Blazer everywhere vs. the Ranger. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I thought the rings were gone, but its and idea. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

check your wheel bearings.