Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clicking noise

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by afroman006, Aug 29, 2002.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Whenever I accelerate my 89 Suburban there is a clicking noise coming from something in front of the driver. It only happens when accelerating a low speeds and is a consistent sound and has been goin on for awhile so i dont think its something vibrating like its loose (but I could EASILY be wrong). Any ideas? thx

2. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

sounds like it could be an exhaust leak. maybe where the manifold meets the engine or where it bolts to the downpipe. probaboy just need to replace the gasket. start the engine and feel for a leak or you can get some hose and stick it down there and listen for it
    keith

3. Ck1500

Ck1500 1/2 ton status

how about your auto locking hubs??? if you have them still, cuz mine did that once b4, and i upgraded to some WARN manual lockouts. just a thought

Ck1500

4. coolhandluke

coolhandluke 1/2 ton status

I would seriously check out your u joints, I've had them go out on my blazer, my old chevelle, and others, clicking upon acceleration is a dead give away.

5. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I do have an exhaust leak for sure...the manifold is cracked...havent had time to fix it. I still have the stock hubs on there so I'll check them and the U joints too...thx guys.

6. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

It's could verywell be your flexplate. muddysub's did that when his went bad.