Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cliff's Updated with pics

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by justinf, Sep 9, 2004.

1. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Cliff\'s Updated with pics

K30CJ and I went to the Cliffs in Marseilles last Sunday. Pretty awesome park. For those that have been there we ran the Black 9 trail and the Blue 8 (I think) trail. Both were pretty much ravines with some hills to climb. Tight trails that really made the jeeps flex to get through. We were told Black 9 is the hardest trail in the park, but it didn't seem really difficult, we ran it pretty quick. The other trail that i think was Blue 8 was a lot harder. Both jeeps were pretty much on their sides through parts of it, had to winch several times. Good day overall, although K30CJ cracked his transfer case /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif.

I can definitely see why they have a wheelbase limit right now. The trails are definitely tight in the jeeps. I'd have to say though, give it a year maybe two, and it should open up to fullsizes. Right now a fullsize would get extreme body damage trying to run the trails we did. Hell, we even put a few new wrinkles in our sheetmetal. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Re: Cliff\'s

Yup, its a pretty sweet park. Im not sure about 9 being the hardest in the park, but it depends on the rain, which we havent had in a while. Go there within 2 days of a good rain and most of the park will be absolutely impossible.

Its a shame i didnt see you guys out there, suprisingly we actually left early. We were on the road by 8:20 on the way to Rockport(which by the way rocked).

Next year you guys should definately look into doing the event, they are gonna switch it up and start at rockport, then head up here to Cliffs.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Cliff's is about a mile from my house. I wish I had a buggy. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

just go wheel the ranger out there.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Uh...no. I already put one huge dent in it.

Maybe when it's paid off.

6. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Updated top post with pics

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Y'all need to stop by my house when you go to cliff's.

8. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Re: Cliff\'s Updated with pics

Yes, those were cool trails. The ravines remind me of Troy's Trail. Blue eight was a challenge. At least we were 3/4 through it before my 'case let go. Can't really say the trail broke it, I think it was just its time. Several years of hard wheelin', much of it behind big blocks. That was the only part left that I hadn't rebuilt or replaced at least once. Can't believe what that 300 has lived through. Apparently, something happened inside, then the case cracked while limping back to the trailer.

I want to go back in the fall when the colors are changing, and it's wet! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif