Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clinton is at it again - go vote

Discussion in 'Land Use' started by Mudzer, Feb 18, 2000.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

2. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Everybody knows me on this board, I'm certainly no tree hugger, however the Sequolia (sp) there is no place on the planet that has this tree other than here in the USA, and them trees were here when Columbus fell off the front of the Nina... and Clinton can bite my b#tt, but these trees need Protected, I wonder if in our zeal to protect our little patch of dirt to play on we're losing touch with reality, similar to what the NRA has done (which I am a member) but they have gone close to the deep end. I would vote in a minute for a ban to off-roading or a general large area ban in the national forests and like, but again this is a little different, and gesh these trees are nothing short of magnificant!! .02 worth...White Knight

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

First off I here what you are saying White Knight and I can sypathize with you about the issue of saving the Giant Redwoods. But I live right in the middle of them I'm talkin I have to drive though a national park to get to my house right off the famous Avanue of The Giants in north west CA. and I'm here to say there is no wheeling trails around any of these trees it is imposible the forest are to controled and only walking trails are avalible and if thats not enough the park rangers carry .45's and are also equipet with shot guns so we don't do any wheeling around them matter of fact most is on privat land or n BLM land where allowed. So Clinton is going after the wrong people once again. There is no problem with four wheeling around here.
    Corey 78K5

4. White Knight

I wasn't trying to stir up a hornets nest, was just a casual observation made, I too live where its difficult to off-road, I make every effort to bring home more trash than I started out with everytime, however down here then is way too many beer drinking, can tossing bubbas and these are the folks that Clinton, no not Clinton he ain't smart enough
    the beuracrats are targeting, I was merely stating a point that I hope we as a group do not become tunnel visioned by the land that is being taken away, History shows that ilregardless of the groups who oppose it most of the time its a good thing, take Yellowstone, it was opposed by many at the time but now its a national treasure of sorts, overcrowed but never the less treasure. Don't take offense there was non intended or given....White Knight

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

you've deffinately got some good points knight. I think all of the guys on the site like to go wheeling but how many like to go camping. A lot of nature can only be appreciated when there is NO trail around. Just virgin beauty. Trust me on this one, I AM NOT AN ENVIROMENTALIST!! I make my living largely due to the oil industry, BUT we need to keep an eye out and make sure that we do our part to keep things up.

Kyle

6. White Knight

In the Eye of the Beholder

My wife and I walk everyday in the same area I 4 wheel in, and there is a tremondous amount of things to see that one misses when off-roading, today we found a owls roost with 1 mother and 3 fledglings, my German shepard sumbled across a coyote, and one deer, everybody but myself missed the three rabbits we startled, and oh yes all the beer cans and trash throw out by my fellow ORV'rs makes you feel real good! I see and hear dailey how Freedoms are being voted away or taken away by politians, well I got news for everyone we as a collective group hand them away, when we refuse to say something to the as$h%l$ in front of us on the trail who clunks a can out the window or a cigarette butt on the ground. I carry a stash of trash sacks and endeavor to pick up stuff whenever I stop on a trail, but I feel like it takes much more than that...well I'm starting to ramble, and have been down this road before on this board so I'd better shut down and go to bed, Ya'll have a good one, "Leave nothing behind but tire prints" ....WK

7. Texan

Texan 1/2 ton status

Re: In the Eye of the Beholder

One other bullet in the enviromentalists' holster to keep in mind: When wheelin' in the great outdoors be responsible for your vehicle upkeep. That puddle of oil or transmission fluid you see in your driveway from time to time forms just as easily, if not more so, on the trail. I try and make every effort to hunt down and fix leaks on my vehicles as soon as possible but I'll admit it ain't always easy[​IMG]. Leaks happen, but continuing to pour fluids in on one end only to see them run out the other over time and not addressing the problem is akin to chunkin' your garbage out on the trail IMO. It's hard to comprehend just how much fluid is layed down each day when you consider how many ten's of thousands of vehicles are on the road contributing a drip here and there. Enough soapbox, just wanted to make an observation...

Fellow Motorhead,

<font color=orange>STEVE<font color=orange>[​IMG]
    89 Blazer
    67 Camaro 468
    68 CamaroSS 327
    98 GTP