Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clocked 208?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88K5Jimmy, May 23, 2002.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Anybody done this? What kind of modifications are required? Also if you have any pics that would be great!

Thanks
    Ross

2. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

There's been a couple posts about this within the last month, one of which was mine! haha No one has really done it yet, or at least if they did they haven't said anything. I'm gonna try it on mine when I get a bit of spare time in a few weeks. I already know you need a new adapter from the tranny to the t-case cause the bolt pattern on the stock one isn't symmetrical. The drain and fill plugs on the rear of the case have to be moved too, to keep the level correct. I haven't looked at how to relocate the shift linkage or the torque brace that hooks to the tranny yet. Those shouldn't be too difficult though. I'll get pictures up if I ever get around to doing it.

3. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

id just redrill the factory adapter , bend the linkage and the support rod and since i have an sye conversion on mine i just fill before i put it on .....bwahaha

4. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

Yes it has been done. Sorry no pics but one bolthole in the adapter must be redrilled to make it work. There is the oil issue but if you are smart you figure it out...

5. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Maybe I'm trippin', but in your sig. it says 208 AND 205, how the f**k did you pull that one off?

6. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

That is what I have, the 208 is clocked upside down to make room for the front driveshaft coming from the divorced 205 behind it. There is a 2-joint driveshaft coupling them.
    Other problems: the front driveshaft has a bearing carrier (is it called like that?) at the crossmember for the 208, whitch is custom made, an angleiron about 4" times 4". The 208 is raised maybe 2-3 inches so when I look from the side nothing is hanging under the frame. And the angles at the joints are not so big because the 205 is "leaning to the back".
    The rear driveshaft is 32 inches and the front (from the bearing) is 30" long.

7. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

There is the oil issue but if you are smart you figure it out...

Fill it up before puttin it back on or, make another drain hole??

Thanks
    Ross

8. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

Or you put it back and tilt the truck to the passanger side or something, I don't know. Who said I was the smart one?;))

9. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

check out my pix , i just chopped the 208 .im also going to be putting a 205 behind mine but more ORD style as i have access the a hachine shop hehe anyways ...cool man , how the crawl ratio ?

10. XtrmChevy

XtrmChevy 1/2 ton status

Nice pics but you have not clocked the 208 or did I miss those pics?
    Crawl ratio is 2.48 x 2.61 x 1.96 x 4.1 = 52 without considering the converter. I thought about shortening the 208 somehow or maybe just using the 2.61 gears but it was too complicated for me... what I did was really easy and that's my style!
    I have been waiting for my ARB for 7 weeks now, can you believe it? Really would like to get it done right the first time so I do not have to take it apart again. Then the crossover and "some" fendertrimming to fit those 42" .

11. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

well i didnt clock it but if i was going to keep just the 208 i would :-\ oops .... but yeah im gonna use a ......well nevermind its a secret hahaha