Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clocking 208 with 6.2 diesel

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudman83, Apr 18, 2005.

1. mudman83

mudman83 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I want to clock my 208, because last time I was out I ripped of a little aluminum tab and thought it was a warning. I need to rebuild it so while it was out i figured it would be a good time. Right now it has no lift but i am planning on giving it a 4 inchllift soon with bds springs up front and 56" shackle flip in rear. Can clocking be done for a DD? Does it affect the oiling? If you did it with a diesel what other problems did you have and where did you put the passanger side exhaust? I searched for other posts but no one really answered all these questions. I already know clearance problems with the floor and figured i would just get out a big hammer.
    thanks for the help,
    Kyle

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i clocked mine and used it as a DD all the time. when i put the lift on, the CV was binding with only 2" of droop, the CV was clearance ground alot also.

i bent my exhaust to go in a small hole that was above the tcase and inside the frame. it was a PITA to get it in and was rubbing the tcase and the frame, but it fit.

with a truck and a burb, you can use the hammer to open the floor up to get the tcase in there, but the blazer has a completely flat floor. the tcase clocked all the way up is about 3" above the flat part of the floor with no body lift. i don't think you will beable to beat the floor that much, but you can try.

i see no problems with a diesel truck that a gas truck would have as far as clocking the tcase.

oiling is no issue, i think the oiling is better now than stock. i still put 4 quarts in mine.

3. mudman83

mudman83 1/2 ton status Premium Member

ok thanks, hope fully i will be doing it soon