Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clocking a 208?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jcg, May 11, 2002.

1. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I've been kicking around the idea of clocking my 208 to keep it from becoming an achor all the time. I was gonna make a new adapter between the tcase and tranny with the bolt pattern rotated to get the 208 as flat as I can without it hitting the frame on the passengers side. I know I'll need to make new drain and fill plugs in the case and change the shift linkage around but that's no big deal. Prolly have to redesign the torque bar that connects it to the tranny too.

Is there anything I need to worry about internally in the case? I figured that the ATF level is the only thing I'd have to worry about. Does this sound about right?? Thanks

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Did you try doing a search? There was a similar post about a week or 2 ago.

3. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Hah, yeah I just found that post. Geez, and I thought I followed all the posts pretty closely! That one must have slipped by me /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Well at least I know I'm not the only one working on the idea. I think I'm gonna be swapping my tranny out soon so I'll take all my measurements then and let you guys know how I make out with it. If it works really well I'll prolly start selling kits for it! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif