Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clocking a 241c for clearance pics!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CCRider, Jan 2, 2003.

1. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

I am considering clocking my 241c for better clearance , so I can run a flat belly pan , and I can actually lower the rear output for a better angle on the rear shaft , Has anyone done this , and could there be any adverse effects , other than front shaft clearance/binding ( I will address that after) in my 1st pic , it's standard clocking , and the transfer case hangs down 5" from the bottom of the framerails [image]http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=3070[/image] in the next pic [image]http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=3069&papass=&sort=1[/image] , it is clocked 16 deg. up and only hangs below the rails 2.75 in.!!! measurements to the ground are .....stock 241 crossmember= 23" stock clocking to bot. of transfer case =23 1/4" clocked transfer case bot. of case =25 1/2" !! gain of a couple inches and change!! transfer cases oil pump is still at the lowest point , so I don't think it will be a problem , does anyone have any input ?, know of an adapter to do this with (factory one doesn't have enough meat)? or willing to make one? thanks..........CC /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Re: Clocking a 241c for clearance

Here ya go
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

Thanks Scott!!!! how did you do that? ........CC /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

You were trying to use the url for the page, not for the picture. Next time right click on the pic then go to properties, copy and paste the address listed there.

5. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

And where does the shifter end up?

6. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

You may need to "adjust" the linkage arm back to vertical , but it is closer to the center/pivot point , so it doesn't move up all that much , don't expect it to be a problem at all , I called Advance adapters , and they said they don't have anything that will work , I just need the big part machined out of steel , with the holes indexed properly , and I can weld the mounting tabs that go to the trans mount on myself .............CC

7. 2Dogs

I need my shifter moved so that is why I am curious. The extra clearance would be cool also.

Keep us posted /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

Where ya movin' it to? .............CC /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

I like how this is turning out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif When you get it all done and the bugs worked out a dummy-proof CK5 write up would be great. I look forward to seeing it

tori89 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

I'll take more pics for y'all as I go , could use some help , info, input though guys!!!! Surely I'm not Treadin' on virgin ground here?am I? ...................CC /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

11. 2Dogs

Closer to the drivers seat - I need to build a console for a floor shifter, switches and gauges.

I have another post abnaking it a solenoid shift /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Surely I'm not Treadin' on virgin ground here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think somewhat. I started thinking about this probably 9 month's ago. I gave a machinist friend an extra 241/208 adapter . We are trying to come up with some sort of clocking ring, Instead of making a complete adapter. Last I had checked he was still working on it. I guess I'll have to call him and see if he's any closer. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

13. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

I don't see how you could make a clocking ring without losing at least 1/4" of spline engagement , I'll have to check if there is enough , you'd also have to deal with a pilot , so you'd loose the simple 1/4 " plate clocking ring , I may try something though , need to check spline engagement!!! Any more help please!!!...................CC /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

14. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

I just called him. He's been trying a few different ideas. He did bring up the fact that there is enough material in the adapter that with some work and some rebuilding you could redrill the adapter. We're going to mock up the setup to see where exactly the redrills need to be.

15. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

That looks good. How hard would this be to do on a 208?

16. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

If it can be done to a 241, it should work on a 208. They use the same adapter /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif. The only thing that would worry me on a 208 is the oiling, since there is no pump just a slinger. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

17. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

Is yours different than mine? Mine has ummmmm...........bumps that stick out ad therefore gives the adapter(tc side) enough meat around the bolt holes , If I tried that with mine I would end up with 1/4 of the hole outside the material , and I don't feel comfortable with "slots" If you have an adapter with more meat (round not bumpy) let me know what the part # is (should be cast into it) and I will get a new one and hack on it!!!!..............CC /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gifoh yeah will work on a 208 as well , but I'd be leery on the oiling system as the pumps were marginal at best already!!...........CC

18. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

I have the same adapter(s) you do. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Thats what I mean buy rebuild, you need to add material to where you are going to drill before you drill.
    It can be done! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Re: Clocking a 241c for clearance *DELETED*

Post deleted by rockink5

20. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

Not too sure welding material on a nodular iron piece is the proper way to go about this though , makes the iron REAL brittle around the weld .............CC /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif