Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

clocking a case in a 1st gen, body lift required??

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 55Willy, Dec 29, 2005.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

is a body lift required for doing a clocking of a t case. I'm swapping a 465-208 into my new to me 68 and I'm wondering if I need a body lift to clear it. plus if i'm going to need a body lift i might as well get new body bushings while I'm at it.

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

That's one way....

The early (1st Gen) trucks have a much different profile in the xfer case area....have you ever looked at the mid-70s+ K5's? There is nothing hanging down like on ours...

My goal is to eventually have a flat bellypan (and skidplate) under my '69 which means I'll probably have to do some serious fabbing between the seats to get extra clearance. I figure if I extend the rear floor height forward to the tranny tunnel (creating more of a "hump" between the seats) I should have the room needed.

With some sheetmetal work, you might be able to use a trans cover between the seats, so that you have something removeable (for servicing) if you wanted to. :thinking: