Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clocking an NP241?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris Demartini, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">I got a 700R4/NP241 setup slated to go in a Wrangler I'm building (TPI 350, fullwidth 14ff/D60 4-link, 102" wheelbase ect) to replace my ailing Blazer, and I want to clock the case so nothing hangs below the frame. Has anyone done this? What would be involved?

Thanks!

2. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

high angle makes a clock ring, but you have you want the oiling system, and i believe there is also an oil pickup relocator for clocking, i'm not entirely sure.

3. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

err. . . i thought they did. . .

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I wonder if you could just redrill the face of it.

5. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

This subject that was covered a few months back. It appears that there is a lot of interest in an item such as this, but as far as I know noone is currently manufacturing such a device. There is also some concerns with floor pan clearance. Here's the Link.

Good luck and let us know if you find something out that's different.

6. Chris Demartini

<font color="blue">I havent looked real close at mine yet (picked it up at night), but if its possible to just redrill the holes then that would be cool. I've seen clocking rings for other cases, and they look pretty simple but I'm not too familiar with this case

Read my post closer, it's going in a Wranlger (not a K5 sorry) so I know I will have to do some floor work

7. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

Skyjacker makes a re-indexing ring for Dodges, which 2500 and 3500 series use a 241.

also a shop around chicago makes them also, www.attitudeperformance.com

8. Chris Demartini

<font color="blue">Thanks for that site, looks like they designed it to turn the front output down for better front driveshaft angles on the mall rigs. It should also work to clock the case up too then, right? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'll call them monday

9. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="blue">Thanks for that site, looks like they designed it to turn the front output down for better front driveshaft angles on the mall rigs. It should also work to clock the case up too then, right? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'll call them monday

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="black"> their ring is made by advance adapters and is pretty thick. You have to keep in mind spline engagement. I looked at using their ring, or the one from skyjacker, but nboth would get the output real close to a marginal point. I also looked into useing one of their rings and an output shaft from a 2wd 700R, not a bad way to go, but I'd have to tear down the tranny again. Redrilling also won't work due to the webbing in places. Your best bet is to contact Az Kicking about a new adapter to replace the stock on. You can then clock it how you want.

HTH.

KP</font>

10. Chris Demartini

<font color="blue">Thanks for the heads up, I had no clue Az Kickin made a new adapter. Are they making it now, or just planning? My radiator should be here in a few days, once its here I want to get started on this project and the clocking part is the last part I need /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

11. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="blue">Thanks for the heads up, I had no clue Az Kickin made a new adapter. Are they making it now, or just planning? My radiator should be here in a few days, once its here I want to get started on this project and the clocking part is the last part I need /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a rumor /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I would give the guys a call, I'm sure they could help you out. So far, that is the BEST design I've come across. The best way to clock anything like that is going to be a new adapter.