Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

clocking the np205?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jekbrown, May 11, 2002.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

May 19, 2001
    I am gonna swap out a 208 and swap in a 205. Since I will be adapting the two with the spacer I designed myself... the idea of clocking the case for better clearance came to mind. Just by looking at the case... it looks like if you rotated it about 25-30 degrees, that it'd be pretty much horizontal.

What exactly is involved with this kinda thing? I know peeps with doublers can get em set up to be clocked from ORD... but is there really anything you need to do other than a) have an adapter that mounts the tcase in a rotated configuration b) have a x-member that will support said adapter c) have driveshafts that are the right length etc. ???

What about the shift linkage? Clearance issues with a front CV shaft and the tranny pan and/or exhaust?

if anyone had a clocked 205 and could pass along some info or pics I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Feb 17, 2000
    Installing a WMS Dual Case kit with clocked NP205 in the next few weeks. I will let you know what I find out. Ask Boss - he clocked his Doubler and I think he was to install it this past weekend.