Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

clocking the transfer case

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txbluethunder, Mar 28, 2002.

1. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

does anyone make a kit?
    has anyone here done it?

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Maybe start with Stephen at ORD? I would also check the ORD forum.

3. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Russell

I was going to make one for my NP241 in my '89. After seeing the one Skyjacker has for the Dodge NP241 for clocking it down; I figured it'd be simple. Cut a donut out of 1" plate to the size of the transfercase mounting surface. Use the tranny/t-case adapter to drill the bolt pattern in it. Then; rotate it the number of degrees you want to clock the t-case & mark another set of holes. Then, drill & tap those. Then; all you do is bolt the indexing ring to the t-case. Then bolt the whole thing up to the tranny adapter threading the bolts into the ones in your indexing ring on the front of the t-case.

Only thing to watch is spline engagement on the tranny output shaft but from what I saw swapping a new on into my t-case; looks like that shoudl be ok. Don't quote me!

The reason I haven't made one for mine yet is that with my 6" lift springs plus another 4-6" lift from my new frame; I'm actually trying to lower my Blazer to get reasonable driveshaft angles!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Good Luck

4. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

One thing to keep in mind when rotating the 241 is that the oil pickup tube is at the lowest part of the case. So if it is clocked up, it may not lubricate properly. I would assume that if the pickup tube is below the oil level it should work as long as the pump is above the oil level. I am not sure the pump would work properly if submereged in fluid...