Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

clocking transfer cases

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTPockets, Jun 29, 2002.

1. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

just curious...anyone do this or attempt to...clock their transfer case for a better break over angle? what about just lifting the t-case up into the floorboard? i have heard of special rings made for the dana 300 that allow you to rotate the case for improved ground clearance...and the doubler can be built to produce a similar effect. what about an 'adaptor' that would fit between the tanny/t-case? you'd think with the popularity of the 205...there would be 4:1 gears and twin sticks and 'clockers' made for us to use!

just bored...thinking too much probably. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

2. lizard

lizard 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you need to get out of the house and go for a ride! I saw a post on clocking the other day. here or on pirate4x4. It's done but me no got details.

A clocking adapter would be easily made.. Only problem I see is the need for a longer tail shaft or adapter sleeve. If you raise the tcase you raise your center of gravity..

3. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

Where have you been?ORD is building thier doulbers with the t-case clocked.You can also take a piece of 1/2 steel and make you own.There was a guy on pirates the was selling some for the 465 and 205.His name is 71rkcrwlr.I think check on the yota forumn.

4. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

They do make clocking rings, I say they, but dont know who it was, saw a post on it. As far are 4 to 1 gears for the 205, its not gonna happen, they wont fit into the case. There have been quite a few people look at doing it and say no way without serios case mods.

Depdog

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

When I ordered my Dual Transfer Case kit from WMS, I had them clock the NP203 180 (upside down) and rotate the NP205 up to "Flat". I will take photos after its installed.

I plan to have a completely flat plate under the frame.

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Here is a pic of my Doubler clocked 2", it sits flat now.
    [​IMG]

7. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Hey man how far along are you on your doubler install?
    /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. CK5

I just got my grinded shift rails from ORD yesterday, need to take off the tail housing off the 205 and move the vent tube then put it all back together. I have a few other small things to do but that's about it, family is coming into town this week so not much time but the week after I am all over it.

9. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Cool can't wait to see your pics. Have fun with the fam.
    Oh! you never got back to me on the p.m. I sent ya you know about the membership,B.B.02 kit and the shirt. P.M. me back so I can help the site and looking at the new rules I will be cut almost off come Aug. 1. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. CK5

Just sent ya a PM

11. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Man, wish I could afford one of those purdy thangs. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif My gearing sucks...

12. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Just for $#!t$ and giggles, I'll take a photo of mine after its all put together. I wonder how much of a difference clocking the NP203 upside down will make. If the lowest part now is the NP205, then you probably did the right thing. Did Watson say anything about gaining clearance by clocking his NP203 sideways? Just curious. Sound off Watson, lets hear what you have to say on the NP203 clocking issue. Thanks guys.