Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Close call

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kyser_soze, Jan 24, 2007.

1. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Well, I ran out of gas on the way home. Driving down one of the busyiest highways in Kansas City, the truck starts cutting out. Had to pull a Dale Earnhardt move to get into the exit ramp,turn and turn again a 1/4 mile from the highway had enough momentun to pull into the gas station and find a pump that was empty! In my haste I pulled up to the wrong side of the truck:o . But I was on the top part of a little incline and was able to push the truck by myself to an open pump.:haha: Meanwhile I was getting these weird stares from the other people filling up with gas.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:haha: :haha: :haha: i can just imagine what they were thinking?LOSER comes to mind..i filled up JR today and had to go back in for $2.40. it would not go in the tank.everyone was looking at me like i was stupid.sorry gas went down and it wouldn't hold it all.:laugh:

3. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Great timing then!!! :D

I did a similar on my Harley a few years back. Had already switched to reserve but didn't remember when. Rolled up to a pump. Gas station was open, but then the attendant says "we don't sell gas no mo', we just work on cars" :doah:
    They did loan me an empty can to carry to the next station............... :rolleyes:

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

oh yeah i have been there.

a week or two ago, i was right on empty and heading back into my town, trying to cross hyw 6 to go into dundas, but right at the intersection was a huge T-bone crash.

to the left is the enterance to the 403 (interstate) to the right is a huge grade 7% or so hill so people fly down it. this is also a major route for a ton of people to get on the hyw.

i then had to turn right (the only way to go) up the hill about a mile then ate the top is an intersection with a gasstation, but i have to turn left, and get thru a ton of car that are being redirected, past the meadian the stops me from getting to said gas station, pull into a side street, stall the burb, turn around , stall it, get back out on to the major road and pull back down to the station, just coasted in :D

6. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

that happened to me once in my 77, lol

The fuel gauge on it didn't work for the first few months I owned it, so I just put in 40 bucks every week, similar to what my GMC used to use with the same size tank.

One week I went to pull in, and just as I was coming down the road, my truck sputtered a few times, then died, dropped it into neutral, and it rolled to a stop exactly where you'd normally stop anyways, lol

Got out, and told the attendant to fill her up, and commented about how these new fuel efficient V8s are so quiet, lol! The attendant was the same guy I've had filling my tank for years, and he knew perfectly well that my truck was neither quiet, or good on gas, and just laughed at me, lol