Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

club run possibility.

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by muddysub, Nov 17, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

would it be possible to get all or most of us together for a CK5 SUB CULTURE club run? i know we're kinda spread out so it might be hard to do. if so where could we go? /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I'd join you...well, if it were in Wisconsin (the pipeline is good), and during my winter break. Yeah, that's right...you southern boys need to have some fun in the snow - adds to the challenge.

3. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I get snow down here. It's only about a 2 hour drive from the beach. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Snow? What's that? Oh yah its that white stuff I see in pictures all the time. I've only seen snow once in my life and I was on a mountain top in New Mexico in July /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. If it gets below 50 here I just stay inside

5. muddysub

yeah i've seen snow before never driven on it though. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif could be pretty fun!

6. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

You guys just come on up. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Tell me when - between December 21 and Jan 21 and I'd be glad to take you on a little trip. (Well, little trip for me, it will already be thousands of miles for you /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

7. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Wheelin in snow is a blast. I plan on doing a run with my neighbor around Thanksgiving up behind wonderful Pikes Peak. I'ts gonna be a blast!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

8. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

You guys are all welcome to come down to any of our So Cal Big Dawg runs, they go about every month. Check us out at www.socalbigdawgs.com

I don't see any long trips in my future right now. Except maybe the Rubicon or Moab.

9. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Yeahm, I would come down to Vegas area in Middle of winter. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

10. muddysub

we got a neat little place outside of vegas called logandale trails. only been there on quads so far. but it's got rocks and sand. and 3 peaks in cedar city UT has hosted ARCA and sky jacker events before.

11. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

If anything, I'd say a Moab run or some Colorado runs, just cause it seems more equal distance (except Wisconsin) to everyone. Moab is a 2 day drive for me, plus, I've never been there.

12. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

I'm game for Moab or Rubicon. I have yet to drive both but I've been planning to go Moab this coming year. Rubicon just looks like it would be fun to show all those jeepers what real 4x4s can do! Plus you might just find snow. Get enough subs on the rubicon and you might even get one of the mags to come and cover it. Just a thought /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Some of our guys tried the Rubicon with the NoCal guys this year. It wasn't pretty. Lots of broken parts and dents. I'm trying to set mine up for the next trip up there probably next summer.

14. 89GMCSuburban

The main reasons I say Moab is 'cause:
    1) I'm planning on going this summer anyway
    2) The trails vary so much, any Burb, especially some not as hardcore, can actually do some of the trails
    I have open front and rear, but I hope to put a locker in the back before the summer and upgrade to stronger axle shafts, but my front will still be the stock 30 spline stuff and open. I know for a fact, I could never make it through the Rubicon.
    Colorado, around Ouray, wouldn't be so bad because I think everyone here can do those trails, even stockers. It'd be open to more people.
    I don't know, just my thoughts...

15. muddysub

moab sounds cool, i'll never take my prescious suburban on the rubicon, not THIS suburban anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif 89GMC is right there, moab seems to be a good all around place. and moab is crawlin with magazine guys. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

HEY if we get this planned i'll ask sephen watson to go with us in his suburban. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

16. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Of this places I have seen nominated, Moab has my vote. I went there this past August for the Blazer Bash, and I managed to keep up with the moderate group with no worries. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Moab sounds cool. Just bring an extra driveline, right Mike? I wanna go a couple times this year. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

18. 89GMCSuburban

Woah! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif That's a good idea!! He's experienced with the area, so he'd know where to go. Id have no clue what I'm doing! A lot of the trails also have bypass routes, so if someone doesn't want to break anything, they can take that route. (I would) One good question...what month do you guys think we should go??? Maybe we should call Peterson's and let them know what we're up to...

19. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

Well If we go moab my suggestion is april or march time. The winter is over yet it's not too hot and the busy season won't have started yet in theory

20. muddysub

i leave for colledge in april so march would probably be ok, is feb to soon? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif