Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

clueless...need help...radio prob.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by NoAngel, Sep 3, 2003.

1. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Ok, my radio doesn't work. Seems it has shorted out. The lighter doesn't work either. Didn't know if it was the same connection. I changed the fuses...didn't help. What should I look at now? Please be as specific as possible I am still learning... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Ok, my radio doesn't work. Seems it has shorted out. The lighter doesn't work either. Didn't know if it was the same connection. I changed the fuses...didn't help. What should I look at now? Please be as specific as possible I am still learning... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say "didn't help" do you mean that the fuses blew AGAIN.... or that they aren't blown now, but things still dont work???

Fuses can LOOK fine, but may still be blown. The easy way to test them is by touching each side of the fuse with a test light (it should light up on both ends)....if it doesn't, the fuse is bad.

You can also pull the fuse and measure the resistance across the terminals. If the resistance is infinitely large, the fuse is blown.

3. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I put a new fuse into the fuze slot that said radio.(when I took the old one out it looked blown/plus no radio) after putting the new fuse in...nada...

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Does the lighter work now???

If the lighter works but not the radio......it's the radio!
    If the lighter STILL doesn't work, you STILL don't have power on that circuit.

(I'm assuming the lighter DID work up until this point?)
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif