Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clunky yoke thing

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by RELUCTANT, Feb 15, 2001.

RELUCTANT Registered Member

Aug 18, 2000
    Hail Stephen, King of all Things Technical. Could you please tell me how to remedy a creepy-clunking NP241 slip yoke? I'm assuming you can't just grease it since it's lubed by ATF...soooo if it's worn, how do you prevent the same thing happening again? Oh...and if it is worn, who makes a good complete replacement d-shaft that would be an improvement over stock but not all extra-burly-man that I don't need? Thank you in advance!
  2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sep 15, 2000
    about all you can do with a worn slip yoke is replace it, you might be able to just get a new yoke and put it on your existing driveshaft. That slip is just something that wears out from time to time. Make sure you check the output shaft for wear, they usually stand up better, but check to be sure.
    If you're looking for a whole new shaft, i like to use Tom Wood's custom shafts, but if you have a good shop locally, it might be easier to do it where you can talk to them. There's nothing magic about any driveshafts, they all seem to have very similar features if they're put out by a good company.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.