Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

clutch and flywheel

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nicotine, Jan 24, 2005.

1. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

wich clutch is the best to put in or will last the longest i am tired of using cheesy clutchs that were out quick. and what flywheel should i use steel or aluminim and should i use the same brand flywheel as the clutch i am going to use?

2. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

i know that centerforce clutches are highly recommended, but also highly $$$
    i have been told that a good performance clutch that doesnt cost as much is the Luk Pro Gold series, which is what i will go with when it comes time for the 465/205 swap

as for flywheel, aluminum cost big $, will save you about 18-20 lbs
    so... only recommended if you are trying to save every once you can

3. sean'schevy

sean'schevy 1/2 ton status

ill second the Luk pro gold. I asked around and thats what most suggested when i needed a new clutch. After ive been wheeling with it for a while now and driving it I am definitly happy with it.

4. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Back in the day, Centerforce clutches used to be all the rage... from what I understand now you are just buying the name and they aren't worth a $hit. Lots of guys at the drag strip stay FAR away from them because they have trouble w/ them coming apart, and I know from personal experience w/ my dads Cuda' that the Centerforce we stuck in that lasted about 200 miles.

I stuck a RAM clutch in my rig (like 120 bucks) from Jeg's I think and I have never had any trouble w/ it... and I am not exactly easy on my clutch. It has been slipped, abused, filled w/ water and mud, etc... and still keeps on tickin' like the day I installed it.

5. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

can you buy just the Luk pro gold clutch disc itself or do have to buy everything?