Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clutch Fluid Leaking onto Fuse panel on Cherokee

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by rebelrockin, Jan 31, 2003.

1. rebelrockin

rebelrockin 1/2 ton status

I have just noticed once again that fluid once again is leaking onto my fuse panel ( Dot 3 Brake Fluid ). which means once again I have to change the fuse panel. Making it the 7th one since I bought the 1989 Jeep Cherokee in 1990.
    I have looked for recalls on this, none to be found. I asked the jeep service dept where I have to buy the new boxes, none have ever seen or heard of this problem. It has melted some of the fuses or made them brittle. I can't understand the leak from the hydrolic clutch. I have replaced many of them. I looked at a few of them at u pull it's they have been the same way that are the same year as mine. Has anyone else here gone thought this same problem or have you found a fix for it.

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I went through this on an 85, 86, and an 89. on all trucks i replaced fuse panels and put on rebuilt clutch master cylinders. However, these were all used trucks and were never seen agian! I had talked to a local heep dealer, and they have seen some, but most the time it was fixed with a rebuilt master or new if under warrenty and that was that. I would try and find a new one. Some times rebuilders will hone out the inside of these and the new seals won't seal.