Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clutch help! update new question!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Confedneck79K30, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

so yesterday after 2 hours of getting my butt kicked by the sm465/205 not wanting to go back in after a new flywheel pressure plate and clutch, i got it together a little while ago...now when i pull on the clutch fork, there is almost no resistance, remember i have no cab on so i can pull on it with my hand.... the new throwout bearing is about 1" thinner than the old one, i thought, well maybe it'll work, now im not sure... is what im experiencing due to the throwout bearing?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

sounds like the wrong throwout bearing. 1" is a lot in clutch terms

3. Confedneck79K30

thats what i figgered, the old one is in good shape, ill throw it back in when my help shows up with a tranny jack.. a come-along hooked to the headache rack and a 1.5 ton craftsman toy jack is killin me lol

4. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

while your at it did tou put the deisel pilot bearing in, instead of the gas bushing?

5. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you have the money for a new one, try to find a throwout bearing the same size. I'd hate to see it all get put together only to have your old bearing crap out on you.

6. Confedneck79K30

well i put it back together with the old bearing, and no i didnt change the bushing... but the braze on the shifter is broken inside the trans so i have to get a shifter, the clutch fork and clutch fork ball is worn out so i have to get them too, when i get this pos pulled under my carport it'll all come back out, but it should be mobile for now...

****UPDATE****

how is the best way to make manual clutch work with a body lift? 3"?? cut a new hole in the floor?