Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clutch Hydraulics

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by atodd, Sep 30, 2003.

1. atodd

atodd Registered Member

I have a 1986 4x4 K5 Blazer and I recently replaced my Slave Cylinder and in the process I kinked the hydraulic line coming from the Master Cylinder. Just a warning for all you guys, the line isn’t cheap. I went to parts stores and everybody told me I would have to go to a dealer. Luckily my brother works in the auto body shop at my local Chevy dealer. He hooked my up and I was able to buy the line through him. Working for a dealership, he gets a major discount on different things. I was quoted about $90 to get this line and with his discount he got it for about $60 with tax.

Anyway, I installed this line and am in the process of trying to get all the air out of the whole system. But this is a major pain. I've never done this before. The last time I tried to bleed a brake system I ended up giving up and paying it done. Does any body have any tips that might make this task a little bit easier?

Thanks everybody,

Aaron

2. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

3. atodd

atodd Registered Member

Sorry...I did searches but I was only looking in the 73-91 K5/Suburban/Truck(87) 4x4 area since thats what I have. I didnt check the Garage area.

Thanks for the redirection.

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Oh yea, and WELCOME TO COLORADOK5! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-Dan

5. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Sorry didn't mean to sound rude, thats why I included the link. Sometimes it comes out different than I meant it too.

Welcome! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif