Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

clutch linkage needed

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JTB, May 31, 2001.

1. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

I need the clutch linkage for my Blazer. It is a 350 4spd (SM465) combo. I have the clutch fork and the pedal but need everything else including the frame mount. Let me know if you have an extra setup. Thanks

Jeff

2. BluThndr71JMMY

BluThndr71JMMY 1/2 ton status

I hope sombody can set you up with the whole package, but if you have to go piecemeal; here's what I had to do:
    clutch lever(under dash)... LMC.
    Upper clutch rod... local chevy dealer-spec order.
    Z-Bar... (had a good one but had to modify it for crazy Centerforce clutch/Heddman hedder combo.) It got its ears joggled about 25 degrees and back to clear hedders.
    Clutch rod... Chevy dealer. (but had to be lengthened for CF/Heddman deal).
    Engine ball stud (for K5)...Chevy dealer.
    Swivel linkage...Chevy dealer.
    Special bracket lockwasher on frame side of Z-bar... LMC.
    If I don't have the fastest clutch linkage system in my county--I must have the most detailed.
    Good luck.

3. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

thanks blue thunder- looks like i will have to go the same route you did.
    Jeff

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Nobody repops the frame mount for the frame side ball stud. You can make one out of some L-angle that is 3/16" thick, but it'd be nice to pattern it off of a real one.

Oh, the return spring that LMC and Chevy Duty sells is kind of on the strong side. I'd suggest getting one from GM if it's still available.

FWIW, I made no modificaitons to my clutch linkage system in order to get my Centerforce II to work. Afther I installed the Centerfoorce II, I installed a heim joint at the front of the lower clutch rod to make the clutch action smoother and more precise. That stock swivel is a bad design and it's just for the birds (wears out too fast, doesn't hold adjustment, kind of notchy in feel). The reason I installed the heim joint is because a brand new repop of the stock swivel wore out, but fast.

5. BluThndr71JMMY

BluThndr71JMMY 1/2 ton status

I got a GM oem stock swivel from Watson Chevy (Tucson). I don't remember the price but it was real reasonable. Less than $5, I think.
    Works great -- should last a long time.
    BTW wtf's a "heim" joint??