Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clutch Linkage Piece???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Poohbair, May 22, 2003.

1. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

The stock threaded, adjustable clutch linkage piece that goes from the zbar to the clutch fork on my truck seems to be too short because it is out of room to adjust. Is anyone else using something else for this piece? I tried to get a piece of grade 8 all-thread, but noplace has any. I can get a grade 8 bolt and then cut the head off and round it for the pocket in the clutch fork, but there is only like an inch of thread, so again...not much room for adjustment. Any ideas other than 12 bucks at the local NAPA for another stock piece...?
    Do I need grade 8 or is grade 5 enough???

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

You can still get that part from the GM dealer for about $10-12. Perfect fit with the OEM piece so plenty of adjustment. The original one in my 79 just bent in half and broke pulling into a parking lot one day. I could probably weld the 2 half's together and mail them to ya if you want to do it cheaper than $12 /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

No, I don't mind the 12 bucks... It is just like mine seems to want one that is about 1/2" longer than the stock piece? Maybe it is just because it is build from a mix and match of different pieces from different years of different trucks...? I just don't wanna spend 12 bucks on something that is exactly the same as what I have already...