Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clutch Linkage Woes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Green71, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Green71

Green71 Registered Member

Did GM offer mechanical clutches for the newer body style? I went to the dealer (morons) and they kind looked at me wierd /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. They have no idea what theyre doing. i want to swap the sm465 int my dads 95 2dr YUKON, (its an automatic) and he wants mechanical linkage. if they didnt offer the mechanical inkage, i was thinking i could maybe use the linkage from the older body style. if i do that, would i have to use the pedal too, or could i use the pedal from the newer body style? i kinda want stuff to look matching. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif i dont think the frame widths changed, but i may be crazzy. Please help me! thanks for all your help guys! i have learned alot from all of you. you guys rock! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

If you tried, I bet you could post this in more than the three forums that I found it in. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

As far as I know, GM did away with mechanical linkage about the same time they went to hydraulic clutches in the early '80's. The firewall and underdash sheetmetal of the '95 Yukon is shaped differently than the earlier K5's, so I doubt that any mechanical (or hydro) pedal assembly will bolt in. I think the frames are entirely different also. To convert your '95 Yukon to mech clutch will be entirely custom work, that's why the dealer looked at you weird. Also, most people prefer the hydro setup, not mechanical, for ease of pedal pressure and no linkage binding.