Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clutch Pedal Bracket

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JonV, Mar 17, 2003.

1. JonV

JonV Registered Member

I am rebuilding the clutch pedal bushings and sleeves on my 79 Jimmy. Anyone know any sources for a new bracket?

Thanx

JonV

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

No, but when you find out, I need to know too. My pedal is all messed up.

3. JonV

JonV Registered Member

We got it all apart. The sleeve that's in the end of the pedal is all worn. Anyone know where to get a new one?

Jon V /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You talking about the nylon(?) bushing that it pivots on? My dad went to the wrecking yard, took apart a couple of "low" mileage brake pedals out of GM cars of 80's vintage, and robbed their bushings. Added one or two as I recall, to better support the shaft, apparently he thought it was kind of a cheap way for GM to go with only one or two bushings.

Anyways, your local GM dealer should be able to dig that part number/part up for you, and it shouldn't cost too much.

If they won't help you, re-post here, I should be able to dig that number up, as long as its the same as an '85/86 truck part.

5. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I got the bushings at GM for like a Buck each.

-Ben

6. JonV

JonV Registered Member

OK! Got it figured out. My clutch pedal pivot arm is worn out. It's the arm that the clutch pedal arm bolts to. It has a fixed sleeve at the top, that is worn out, because someone put too strong a spring on it and had it going at an angle. I have the steel sleeve that goes inside this fixed sleeve, and the nylon bushings are what holds this floating sleeve in. I just ordered a new pivot arm from Friesen Chevrolet in Nebraska. Talk to Bill in parts. 800-525-1691 ext 538. Totally helpful. He even faxed me the blow up diagram. They specialize in old obselete parts. I got all the parts I needed from him. Nylon bushings, steel sleeve, pivot arm, rubber boots for push rod, return spring and rubber bump stop. Very helpful. Now to put it together.

Jon V /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif