Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clutch Pedal Bushings

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Cricket, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Clutch pedal plastic bushings are shot. Anyone ever sleeve the pedal support rod with brass? Also one of the metal insert rods is worn out.

If not where are you getting replacement plastic bushings (2 per rod) and support rods (tubes).

I'm talking about the short metal tube that goes inside the pedal tube with plastic bushings on each end, one set per clutch/brake pedal.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I believe the brake pedal "bushing" is the same as the clutch ones...my dads were shot too, so he grabbed some out of GM cars, just from the brake pedal.

Not sure what medal rod you are talking about, never had a pedal assembly apart, but I seem to recall him just using the plastic bushings all the way through?

I can ask him for sure, if what I'm saying won't work/doesn't really make sense.

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

All that stuff is available from GM, pretty fair price too. I did mine on my old K10 about 2 years ago - no more squeaky squeaky when shifting. :D