Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clutch Problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rgood81, Jun 16, 2005.

1. rgood81

rgood81 Registered Member

ok heres the problem i lost all pressure in my clutch today coming home from the store, i got home and started looking and my hydraulic line from my master cylinder to my sec. cylinder has a crack....now ive been too all the parts stores and they dont carry it, my questions are number one is that line suppose to be all metal, or part plastic and part metal...and secon would it be easier to go to the dealer and order a new line or go to a junk yard and pull one off a junker?

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

it is suppose to be all steel line excpet for 8-10" in the middle which is rubber.

my local carquest can get that line, i replaced it once. IIRC its like $45. i would not risk a junkyard line, who knows what its been threw.

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Take this part Number with you..Raybestos BH38559..That is the hose you need...Print this out if they will price match it..
    http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=RAY&mfrpartnumber=BH38559
    :D