Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

clutch problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Project, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Project

Project Registered Member

hey folks,
    i have a toyota truck with chevy driveline(350/sm465/np205).
    i'm having a problem with the clutch, master cylinder and slave cylinder are chevy (both brand new)but i cant get enough movement to push the clutch fork back.
    first question: how far does it need to go! it's gotta go all the way back or just 1.5" or whatever.
    second question: if it doesn't have to go all the way back, what should i look for to fix?(you think i put the disk backward or ?????)
    i appreciate any help in advance.

2. Project

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

1. Do you get any movement off the throw out fork?

2. How much pedal movement do you get/have. Mine moved quit a bit before it starts to move the fork.

3. Is this something that just happened, or has it been that way since you installed the new MS and SC?

4. Project

i'm gettin like 1.1/4" movement from the fork.pedal has no free movement, as soon as pushing it moves the fork and yes i just instaled the MC and SC and i haven't driven it yet.(0 miles on everything)

5. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

They can be a PITA to bleed. Make sure they are completely bled.

6. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Forget it and get some skinny tires

7. Project

there is no air in lines, i used a power bleeder. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

Even still a pwer bleeding can leave air in down at the SC. Here is what I suggest. Bleed the SC by pushing the piston rod in while you open the bleeder screw. The trick is getting the screw closed again before it bottoms out. Do this 3 or 4 times and then see how it feels. My GM mechanic buddy says the air in the lines likes to sit down there at the SC.

Otherwise I am think that you do have enough pedal movement required to push the throw out fork. It sems like I have about 6 inches of pedal travel before it bottoms out on the floor.

That is all I can think of right now.

9. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Umm did you just convert this from a clutch linkage to a Hydro clutch???

If so, the forks are DIFFERENT!!! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

10. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

are you using the pedal from the toyotsa or are you using a chevy pedal that you swapped in...If you are using a stock Toyota clutch pedal, it is possible that you may have to move the MC pushrod mounting location down the pedal a bit to get more piston travel at a given amount of pedal travel...

Chris