Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

clutch problem

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Project, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Project

Project Registered Member

hey folks,
    i have a toyota truck with chevy driveline(350/sm465/np205).
    i'm having a problem with the clutch, master cylinder and slave cylinder are chevy (both brand new)but i cant get enough movement to push the clutch fork back.
    first question: how far does it need to go! it's gotta go all the way back or just 1.5" or whatever.
    second question: if it doesn't have to go all the way back, what should i look for to fix?(you think i put the disk backward or ?????)
    i appreciate any help in advance.

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Slave Cyl. with a longer stroke. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

what do you mean by [ QUOTE ]
    i cant get enough movement to push the clutch fork back

[/ QUOTE ]

hydro setups are not very forgiving. they are preset from factory, so make sure your master is going all the way in or very close to it.

did you bleed it?? i had to pump mine line 100 times before it had the push to open up the clutch.

also, is the clutch fork the correct one?? it should be strait with no curves or bends in it.

ARQ.

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I've heard that some slave cylinders don't have the bleeder on the top and that you have to remove it to bleed it correctly. Does the bleeder point straight up?