Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

clutch safty switch ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sweetk30, Nov 25, 2006.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i found a hydro pedel setup and swaped it in my truck with the other parts. i didnt see a safty switch on the pedel assembely. is there suposta be one or not?

i have converted this auto cab to stick and have the reverse lights figured out easy just plug in to the stick tranny plug. just couldnt figure out the park / nutral safty end of it.

pics would be great if you have anything to offer.

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

The neutral safety switch is at the pedal. It is a bit of a safety issue.

It is by sheer luck that I only sustained massive bruising instead of a multi-break leg injury due to the lack of such a safety switch. :eek1:

3. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

The neutral safety is mounted to the steering column right before the firewall on the inside. Its a two pronged plug (the only one in that area). Go to the junkyard and get a switch with the pig tail, unplug the neutral safety and splice the new pigtail onto those wires, plug in the clutch switch and your good.

4. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

so you guys run one?

5. sweetk30

yes on a auto colum. not on a stick colum as i have 2 now and both dont have them. i need some info on the pedel side of the problem.

6. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

You should still have the picktail hanging from the wireing harness toward the bottom of the column. You can tell it's the right plug when you get 12 volts to one side of it when you have it in the start position. Once you have that just get the switch and pigtail from a junkyard and you'll see where it mounts on the peddle assy.

7. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I disabled the switch on mine. I actually like being able to crank the motor in gear, and being able to start the motor without climbing into the truck, all just personnel reasons of course.

8. sweetk30

:surepal: thanks but you need to re read my #1 post slower. i DONT have the switch on the pedal assembely:doah: and its hard as he!! to find hydro parts. so i need pics or some other info to add the switch.:1zhelp: and i know were the wire is in the stock harnness.

9. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

I also disabled mine because all to often on steep ground it is imposible to operate the clutch, brake and gas all at the same time. just my .02.

10. sweetk30

i do plan on a bye pass switch for just such a time. kind of like the toyotas have.