Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clutch Slave Cylinder out?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SnackPack, Nov 16, 2005.

1. SnackPack

SnackPack 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,

I started to back my blazer out of the drive-way and all was normal until I put the clutch pedal in and it was still rolling on me a bit... popped it out of gear and tried to go into 2nd and it wouldn't go into gear... or any other gear.

It's damn cold out there so I couldn't inspect it too much, but I have a hunch that the slave cylinder just went out, sprung a leak or something. The clutch pedal moves easily until about the last couple inches. Is it normal for slave cylinders to go out like this? I'm thinking so, since it went into reverse with no problems but stopped working after about about 25 feet....

I didn't see any obvious leaks, so I'm wondering what a simple test would be to check the cylinder.

Thanks!

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Mine was acting like that a few months ago. Turned out to be the master.

3. SnackPack

SnackPack 1/2 ton status

I just replaced that a couple months ago... I also didn't see any leaks on or around it.

4. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Mine was not leaking either. I found that the umbrella seal inside the MC had a tear in it.

5. SnackPack

SnackPack 1/2 ton status

I guess I'll re-bleed the system when it gets warmer. I did notice that the back of the oil filter had some fluid on it, like it may have shot out of the slave somewhere.

6. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

when my slave went, it was leaking out of the bore, where the rod goes in. i could bleed it just fine, but it kept leaking. the feel in the pedal kept going down and down.
    if yours is a constant pedal at the last couple inches, id try bleeding it first.