Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Clutch & Tranny problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Josh, Jul 16, 2001.

1. Josh

Josh Registered Member

This isn't for my Jimmy but it's still for a gm product and could be used on a Jimmy/K5. Anyway, I just rebuilt my transmission (Muncie M20) replaced the flywheel, clutch plate, pressure plate, throwout bearing and pilot bushing. I got it all back together and it makes a squeal sometimes. I haven't driven the car for fear of parts breakage, but here are the situations.

Clutch out transmission in neutral - quiet
    Clutch in transmission in neutral - quiet
    Clutch in transmission in gear - VERY quiet squeal
    Releasing clutch in gear - squeal gets louder as pedal comes out.

I think it's the pilot bushing, I don't remember putting any lube on it or the input shaft. The clutch seems to be engaging/releasing ok, as I can put the car in gear (engine stopped) and cannot push the car, but when I push in the clutch I can push the car. Anyone with ideas? Please help?!?!?!

Josh

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i would say you have a problem with your pilot bushing my friends truck did the same thing i replaced his pilot bushing and problem solved

77blazer see it at<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</a>

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

made sure to regrease the release bearing...sounds like the symptoms of my throwout bear right before it went south...strange but true....

1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer
    1982 Chevy C-10 Longbed