Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CMR stamping code, 350 engine

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Nov 2, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

with just a bototm end minus balancer and oil pan, how could i tell which of the following two are what the bottom end is, i picked one up a little while ago with this tamping code:

1974 CMR 350 tur hydro trans. - 145 2 A
    1978 CMR 350 m/t L82 4 220 4 Vette/Z-28

i looked up 78 vette info and found out that sequential unit numbers were 400,001-446,558 so if vin code on block is between them, then hmm.. http://100megsfree4.com/corvette/1970/vet78.htm

thanks

2. Sidepipes

Sidepipes 1/2 ton status

Check the back of the crank for a pilot bushing. It would be the vette engine IF it has the bushing in it.... I'm not sure but I think both might be machined for one...

The L-82 had forged pistons, crank plus 4 bolt mains. I would assume that the other would have had cast pistons and crank.

Let me know the vin my 78 L-82 no longer has the original engine.... Maybe its mine /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif No thanks I don't want it back

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

its 2 bolt so hmm..

oh well, i know it will run if i stick any head son it and i need a runnign sbc sooooooo., im gonna go get kerosene and flush it out and stick heads on it and a cam in it and run it, planning on in next coupel days to have it assembled

thanks