Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CNN: Marriage Poll

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TXsizeK5, Oct 21, 2003.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Uh, which part are you mad at?

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

only 52 % ... wtf is that?

like i said on another board and maybe even before here... even IF gays get marriage approved universally, they should call it gayrriage or something like that not "marriage."

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol. personally, I dont give a crap what gays do. Wouldnt care if they did have legal marriage or not. I mean really, if a couple of gay women move in together and are life-long "partners" whats the difference between that and marriage? a piece of paper... and really, not much more. If one of these chicks gets in a car wreck, I would like the other ones "partner" to have all the rights that a married person would... it'd be uncivilized to do otherwise. just my 2 centz...

j

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

No, what is uncivilized is to soil the idea of marriage making it between two women. They don't deserve any right, or partnership. They deserve to be the outcasts they were for the longest time until it became accepted on TV, and now everyone who's gay makes it well known.

I hope to God this country never accepts what they're doing legally.

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

See the thing is, if they get married they get breaks on taxes, and other things that married people get, I'm not sure what since I'm obviously not married.

By legalizing gay marriage it's practically promoting it.

It's kind of funny, if you watch SouthPark, they had an episode about gayness, and Big Gay Al was giving Stan a tour about how gayness has been around since the begining of time, and that the oppressors now adays are evil, "christians, republicans, and nazi's ohh my!"

7. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Dunno about that, in NYC you get taxed more when your married...

other than that, I dont know if "marriage" is the right word for it. It certainly doesnt seem like its "holy" matramony, at least in my opinion.

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against gay folks. Leaves more women for me... well, except when the really hot women get with each other. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    By legalizing gay marriage it's practically promoting it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why anyone would think that being gay is some sort of a choice /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif My personal feelings about homosexuality is that it is not a choice. Oh sure, there are the bi-curious who dabble with same sex sex, but I just don't understand why anyone would CHOOSE to endure the sort of persecution that goes along with the "gay" label. I don't believe gay people choose their lifestyle any more than heteros choose theirs. And if anyone actually believes gay marriage will promote homosexuality, puhleeze! Heteros cannot be "recruited" if there is not a tendency to swing that way from the beginning /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Just my opinion *can someone pass the popcorn* /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    No, what is uncivilized is to soil the idea of marriage making it between two women.

[/ QUOTE ]

plenty of straight people "soil" the idea of marriage every day. Besides, the idea that it must be between a man and woman is rooted in various old religious beliefs. In this country you have a right to be agnostic or athiest. For such people, old religous beliefs are irrelvant... and its not for you or I or (most certainly) the government to say otherwise.

[ QUOTE ]
    They don't deserve any right, or partnership.

[/ QUOTE ]

no rights and no partnership merely because they have a different belief system? please.

[ QUOTE ]
    They deserve to be the outcasts they were for the longest time until it became accepted on TV, and now everyone who's gay makes it well known.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope to God this country never accepts what they're doing legally.

[/ QUOTE ]

yikes, even the Nazis were more accepting of gay people than that, but its close... good company you have there...

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I believe in the American ideal that says "i dont give a [darn] what my neighbor is doing inside his/her house so long as it isnt hurting anyone". Using the government to make people outcasts sounds great when you're doing it to someone else but wait until it happens to you. Just think, if our society was like that... and Al Gore won an election... YOU might be outcast from society because you choose to drive an evil gas guzzling truck. Bannishment/loss of rights for people that disagree with you doesnt sound like such a good idea now does it?

j