Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CO: 10 Bolt Front Caliper

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by BurbLover, Jan 29, 2004.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Looking for a 10 bolt front drivers side brake cailper. Loaded would be even better. Prefer it be close to Colorado Springs so I can pick it up. Going to go on my Burb, which will be up for sale very shortly. Thanks

719-321-8506

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Call the parts stores and ask for prices (and core charges) on rebuilt ones. They're usually less than $20. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Checker wanted like 30 somthing plus 20 core & I don't have a core. I'm goona try A-1 next Mondy if I don't have a chance this weekend.

Thanks.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Dang! That's a rip! Some places charge around $18 and a $3 or $4 core. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif If you can find a good one at A1, it'll be $5. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Better get down there early today though, before the place is buried in snow! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

They dodn't have a single 4x4 Chevy that has axles under it. You can tell they are getting almost $100 for scrap metal. There yard is BARE!!! Anyway, I'm gonna try to find one at one of the other scrap yards if I have a chance. This month's gonna be really busy for me. I just need this one caliper so I can put my burb in the Nickel for sale.

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Mark, find a caliper off of any 2wd truck or even a car as they are pretty much along the same lines. If they don't work, at least you have your core to swap for. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've got some spare calipers laying around in the garage but don't know how soon do you need one. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Thanks Wes. I found a guy in Fort Collins (Northern CO) that has a pare he'll give me. Since my boss lives there, I working on having him pick them up since I've got a meeting with him & OSHA this Thursday morning. Boy, I can hardly count the seconds til I have another meeting with OSHA!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

still looking for calipers?

9. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Yup, but prefer some in Colorado that I can just go & pick up. What do you have & how much? Also, do they have brake pads still?

10. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Good deal Mark! If you ever need some later, I've got a few. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, Ft. Collins is where I got my '85 K30 from. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

i got some off a gm 10 bolt, took them off the axle about a yr ago, and they were 1 yr old when i took them off, they are loaded with pads with plenty left on them, ill get pics for you tomrow if you want. im not sure what they are worth, so make a decent offer and im sure we can work something out.

12. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

If I can't find some local, I'll keep you in mind. A guy local says he has some, just hasn;t found them yet in his garage. Apparently his garage looks like mine /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif