Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CO and / or HydroCarbon meter recommendations?

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by Eric M., Sep 28, 2006.

1. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I failed the CA smog test :( and am doing some tuning on my rig. A friend lent me his CO meter and it's really come in handy. I'd like to get one for myself. I was wondering if any of you can recommend a CO and HydroCarbon meter?

I've heard the HydroCarbon meters are really expensive, if that's the case, maybe just a CO meter.

Thanks,

Eric M.

2. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

3. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Just remember that you get what you pay for. I use multi-gas meters all the time for work (I'm an ESOH (Environmental/Safety/Occupational Health) guy for the USAF.) You can also check with same safety companies in your local area that may have some older ones the'd be willing to sell. Any good ones will have sensors in them that typically need replacing every 12-24 months. I have always been a fan of MSA products. Neotronics makes some good ones as well. Just look around.

http://www.msanorthamerica.com/catalog/catalog500081.html

To be honest, I'd just borrow one when you need it if you can. Cheaper & easier that way. :laugh:

4. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

I have a Fluke CO detector, all it detects is CO, I like it much better then the Bacharach one I used to have.