Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CO Emissions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Oct 27, 2002.

I have a 87 K5 that I am putting a chevy 400 into it. I am in the Army going to Special Forces school and am trying to get stationed in Colorado. I am woundering how strick are they there. Is it anything like California, and if I keep the egr system and put headers, cats, mufflers and tail pipe do you think it would pass CO emissions. Thank you for your help.

1. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

Depends on where in CO...Denver area is pretty rough, but where I am there are no emmisions testing whatsoever. From what I've been told its just the Denver and surrounding areas on the front range that have emmisions crap.

2. If I get to go there I will be stationed at Fort Carson. Not to sure where thats at in relations to Denver.

3. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

Ft Carson is just a little south of Colo Springs....If no one responds to this by tommorrow, I'll call and check for ya....I dont think its a big deal there, but not completly certain of that. I'll call ElPaso county and let you know for sure. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. Cool thank you . I just dont want to have to get rid of my 400 and have to rebuild a tpi to put in my 87 K5.

5. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

Yes...you will have emission hassles there, but if you are military, you can leave it registered where your home is. Hope that helps. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif