Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CO Wheeling-Slaughterhouse Gulch 11/6

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by mrk5, Oct 18, 2004.

1. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Anyone up for Slaughterhouse Gulch/Crow Hill on Saturday, Nov 6th?

Never done it myself. But I've got to try out my "new" axles. And if I'm really lucky, I might have a locker by then too.

Here's some pics from 4x4trails.net:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd also be up for any other trail suggestions in the Buena Vista area. Right now it's just me and my passengers.

2. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Might be up for going, either in the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif or Raider. Depends on what I can get done this next weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Still need to pick up some decent tires for either rigs.
    Z /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

I'm there! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

-Thanks for organizing this Mark /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

If I can get the $$$ to replace my fan my alternator and my serpentine belt, and the time and brains to do it all, I'll be there... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. cwn anwyn

If you still need help fixing these drop me a line. I've got an extra stock fan from the 2nd /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif(84), and Im not sure if the alt. works but your more than welcome to them. Cant help you on the serpentine belt tho /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Z /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. mrk5

Nick & cwn_anwyn that'd be great if you guys can make it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John, I hope you can make it. Had a lot of fun with you and Nick on Twin Cone. Let me know if there's anything I can do. So it was your fan making the noise that day? Just go down to pull'n save and get an electric fan out of a Ford Windstar or something similar. Set it up on a switch and relay for now. Or for that matter, you could probably find another mechanical fan setup that would work.

cwn_anwyn, I don't think your fan will work because John's water pump is probably reverse rotation. I think you may be able to swap the pulleys on the alternators, though.

P.S.-Nick it's Scott not Mark. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. cwn anwyn

I was'nt sure if the fan would work or not. I also a couple of Taurus fans laying around if that would help John. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Zach /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. B_to_C

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Sorry Scott....I was looking at he mrk5 screename when i was writing that...kind of transforms into mark. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Wow do i feel like an idiot /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. mrk5

Don't sweat it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I knew that was exactly what you did. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. firefighter184

Well, thanks for all the offers of help guys. I'll be getting a fat check from the fire department here in about 6 weeks. I'll probably just wait until then and then throw in a flex-a-lite and a 140amp alternator. Just don't have any extro dough or time right now. My wife is really pushing to get rid of the Blazer (can't blame her, in the year I've had it, we've averaged about $1750.00 every three months into that thing). She just got a job and wants me to sell the Blazer and get a newer Nissan or Toyota AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHH! I'll probably just leave it sitting for now until I can get it fixed right. I'd be up for running as a passenger when you guys do Slaughterhouse though...

11. mrk5

It's better to do it they way you want the first time. I've wasted money doing something twice because I didn't do it the way I should have the first time.

You need to take your wife wheeling with you. Once she sees you bouncing your truck off the rocks, she'll be afraid to let you have a "newer" truck. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. firefighter184

Took her once. Not happy. I told her the reason I dont want a Toyota or a Nissan is that you can't wheel them like you can a Blazer. That was her point...

13. B_to_C

[ QUOTE ]
    That was her point...

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. mrk5

Damn, I guess she got you there. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif/forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

15. ktedesco

ktedesco 1/2 ton status

Hey, whats up guys! I haven't had the chance to be on the computer much lately. I am still around and haven't fallen off the face of the planet even though it may seem that way. Been really busy preparing for my exit from the military but Kelly and I are most likely moving up to the Denver area soon. I wish I could make it to Slaughterhouse on the 6th but my front diff is still tore up. I don't think I will get a chance to fix it up before next weekend. If my schedule lightens up, I would love to meet up with you guys. I had a great time last time with Nick and John.

16. B_to_C

Hope you can make it Kevin! Keep us updated. Here's hopin' /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. B_to_C

BTW

Hope you guys don't mind, I invited some NON-blazers /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif from CO4x4 to come along...

18. firefighter184

If we are lucky, that little sh*t Joy Division will show his punk-ass /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

19. B_to_C

[ QUOTE ]
    If we are lucky, that little sh*t Joy Division will show his punk-ass

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

How could I have forgot that you two have the two most extremely opposite politcal viewpoints on earth /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Oh well...this should be interesting...

(And I'm not even kidding JoyDivision is who I invited /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif)

20. mrk5

[ QUOTE ]
    (And I'm not even kidding JoyDivision is who I invited ) /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, John might be looking for a ride right? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif