Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Co-worker dies in motorcycle accident

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kyser_soze, Jul 10, 2005.

1. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Sep 4, 2004
    We hired a couple of new guys at the jobsight on thursday. Brandon, the guy that this post is about died in a motorcycle accident on Friday night. I do not yet know the details of this horrible event, but I know that his wife and 5 little boys are now without a father.
    I have the honerable and now dubvious title of the carpenter job stewart. This entitles me to collect all of this belongings and secure them so they can get to his family intact. I will start a collection for his family at work by the donations of the people that I work with. He will also get the death benefits that the union provides for his family. I need to contact the union hall immediatly on Monday to get the ball rolling for his survivors.
    He just started on Thursday at this job site, but he must have friends around the union hall that I can get incontact with and get the donations to his family.
    I was not teamed up with him, so I hardley knew the man.
    My prayers are with his family.
  2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Nov 28, 2002
    Sorry to hear this. Death is not very well delt with in our society. In my admittedly limited experience with this what I hear is that the survivors want to be treated normally. Don't ignore what happened, but don't cater to it either. If they need to talk they'll bring it up.

RJ posted a while back about hoping to be the man he needs to be when the time comes. I think this is one of those times. Good luck.