Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CO2 System

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by surpip, Nov 1, 2004.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Im lookin for plans, parts list, tips, tricks ,and anything else i might need to home brew my own co2 system. Thanks alot,
    dale

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Three words.....

Local welding shop.

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

are you looking for a adjustable reg??

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

no i dont think ill need that, but im not shure what pressure ill need to run the arb, reg., ill go and check out the welding supply store down the street from my house when i get back home

5. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    no i dont think ill need that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think ya will /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

On a warm day my bottle can get up to 1200psi in it so a regulator is good /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif When you go to the welding supply make sure you look at a high pressure regulator (one that goes over 100psi) because a low pressure one only goes to about 30psi max. or so.

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

You can get the bottle in aluminum or steel. Advise aluminum. Ask about high flow vs. low flow bottle valves, both do exist. Advise high flow if filling tires or running air tools off the bottle.
    You do need a regulator, just a Q of if you want/need to be able to adjust the output pressure. If you're going to run an ARB off of it you'll want a dedicated regulator for that part of the system. Check Grainger or McMaster for those. A typical air pressure regulator should work for the ARB system once you've gone thru a regulator mounted on the bottle. Reason for a seperate reg for the ARRB is that you don't want to crank up the bottle reg to run something like an impact and then forget & feed the ARB system 200 psi. That would be bad.

7. ugly

ugly 1/2 ton status

aluminum 10# $80.00
    high flow high pressure regulator $70.00 (for quality)
    hoses and fittings $30.00
    mounting bracket $20.00

co2 system $200.00 set up!

Try beer system distributor or welding supply /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Do yourself a favor and get a compressor. A good one.

9. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

junk yard ac compressor and brackets from Astrovan $14.95cdn (grab the pressure switch off the accumulator while you are there)
    new airtank from truck shop $43cdn (I bought 2 to replace my side saddle fueltanks as rocker protectors)

10. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    no i dont think ill need that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think ya will /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

On a warm day my bottle can get up to 1200psi in it so a regulator is good /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif When you go to the welding supply make sure you look at a high pressure regulator (one that goes over 100psi) because a low pressure one only goes to about 30psi max. or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

no no i was talking about a Adj. Reg. i dont think ill need one, i could just get one thats set at like, 100 psi or so and yes i am planning on a seprate system for the ARB, i also am planning on plumbing my whole truck, with a drop at every corner, should be pretty cool when i get done, thnaks alot for all the ideas /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

11. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Also im thinkin that i can mount the tank inbetween the frame rails sideways infront of the gas tank /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

New 20lb Alum Tank - $90.00 Beverage Factory
    Fixed Regulator 170psi - $30.00 (Avail at most welding supply shops)
    You can get the hoses anywhere...
    My tank will fill my 35's faster than a a/c compressor conversion, plus it's portable and runs air tools /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif