Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CO2 tank mounting???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by az-k5, Jul 15, 2004.

1. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

What are those of you with them using for mounts. I am looking for some kind of release mount like an extinguisher type but can't find any that aren't sold by offroad tank vendors (I don't like to pay convinience fees). Any input would be helpful.

Also, is it safe to have the tank in the sun all day (mind you AZ wheeling is often +100°)? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

Go to a welding suppy store. They offer several types of tank straps. That is what we use in the race trucks. Storrage and heat are not an issue.

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Wonder if I can mount this to the underbelly of my frame.....

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

The tank needs to be upright or you will get liquid CO2 coming out (bad thing)

Thanx

5. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I made my own, I used 3" angle then used 1" steel strap then I welded one piece to one side of the angle then wrapped it around the tank and made a little lip then I did the same to the other side and then to the bottom, I use 2 bolts with wing nuts to attach it around the tank. I will try to get some pics.